Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let God Help

   I have been very blessed to see a lot of success in Ridgeland, SC. The miracles seem to pour in unceasingly. Every time I see someone get baptized, it strengthens my testimony of the reality of this gospel. This past Sunday, Melissa was baptized. She is a great example of faith. I have never seen anyone who wanted a remission of their sins as badly as she did. She left so much behind and left so much at the mercy of the Lord. She truly trusts in her Heavenly Father. I have never seen anything quite like it.
   Trusting in our Heavenly Father is something we can all do more. How much do we rely on ourselves? Nephi in the Book of Mormon teaches us that it's better to trust the Lord than the "arm of the flesh" (see 2 Nephi 4:34-35). We as humans are very prone to only trust ourselves and in our own  abilities. This is especially true in men. We tell ourselves "I don't need help. I'm fine. I can handle this on my own." Don't lie to yourself. Be humble enough to get on your knees and ask your Almighty Father for help. He will help us. He is so willing and ready to help us...but we need to ask Him.
    We need to trust in Him even when it seems all is working against us. Think of the story of Job. He lost his house, his family was killed, he was afflicted with all sorts of physical ailments, and he lost his property. Yet he said  "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." (Job 13:15). We can talk to Him about anything. Our prayers are supposed to be sincere and from the heart, not anything memorized or without feeling. Talk to Him as you would talk to your best friend about your problems. He will listen. He wants to help. All you have to do is let Him...
   Prayer is an amazing gift from our Heavenly Father. It is a direct communication with Him, there is no middle man, you don't have to wait to get signal. You always have signal with Heavenly Father. You are never roaming alone. All you have to do is ask the Father in the name of Christ in faith, and "whatsoever ye shall ask...it shall be given unto you." (3 Nephi 18:20). Let God help, ask Him in prayer for anything. He always answers, He never rejects or ignores your call. He listens. He knows you, He loves you, and He wants to help. Let Him.

1 comment:

  1. I know that Heavenly Father is always there. Prayer is so real and it is a shame that so many don't believe it or underestimate its power. When I was out of work in 2010 I truly learned to lean on the Lord and not on my own understanding. I learned that blessings will come on the Lord's time.

    ReplyDelete