Friday, August 10, 2012

What a Wonderful World

    A lot of people these days do not stop and smell the roses. I have always tried to. I have always been one of those people that, if walking outside at night, will look up in awe at the starry sky. I love camping, I love being outside, I love the simple pleasures in life. What do I think about as I marvel at the night sky, or at the tall cliffs on the shore of California's beaches? I think about their Creator. "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" (Col 1:16).
    God has created all things. From humans, as complex and amazing as our own bodies are, to the simplest plant at the bottom of the rain forest floor in Brazil. This is such a beautiful world. And it is such a gift to live here. We need to have gratitude for the simple things in life that we have, that God has given us. How would you feel if you gave someone a gift and they never thanked you or even expressed joy for the gift? Like dirt, right? I always wonder how our Heavenly Father feels when we are ungrateful towards the wonderful gifts he has given us.
   My ability to walk was almost taken from me 6 years ago this month. I will forever be grateful for the simple ability to still be able to run across a basketball court without much effort, or throw a baseball. The old saying goes "you don't know what you have until you lose it." Too many times I have caught myself in that situation. We should thank God for all the things He has given us. We have so much to thank Him for, we must always show gratitude to the one who has given us everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment