Tuesday, November 13, 2012

In a World of Chaos, Where Can I Turn For Peace?

   Over the past few months, I have come to the realization that this world is becoming more and more chaotic, hectic, selfish, evil, and unreliable. These can be scary times...but they don't have to be. Yes, Jesus is coming again. When? We don't know. All we know that it is soon. It is easy to see that. But we do not have to fear. The Lord tells us in Genesis, "fear not, for I am with thee.." (Gen 26:24). What have we to fear if we are on the Lord's side? Because "...God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:7). The Lord protects His servants.
   So where can we turn for peace in this world that offers none? To Jesus Christ. His gospel. His plan. His Sacrifice. His word. The gospel is the only thing that can save this world. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, found in its fullness in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a gospel of hope and strength. It is a beacon of peace. We don't have to fear if we trust in the One who was perfect. Jesus Christ beckons "Come unto me all ye that labour, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Mat 11:28). We will find rest and peace as we search Him. How do we do this? Read the scriptures. Pray with a sincere heart. If you feel fear, stress, or frustration or anything else...let your Heavenly Father help you. He is always there. He wants to listen to our problems, or fears. Let him. He loves us.
  I post this because I am the one that needs this. And if I need it, I doubt I am the only one. I have felt fear for the future lately. But since I have been praying for peace in my heart, I have received it. No matter what happens, God is there. He is mindful of us as His precious children. He will never let us down. All we have to do is trust Him, and look to His Son for guidance...

No comments:

Post a Comment